The March Dossier deals with conversations on Indian democracy, the debate concerning India-Pakistan relations, political developments in Goa, the role of female Indian politicians in the upcoming Assembly elections, critical statements by a former Indian Vice-President on journalism and nationalism, the political journey of young politician Alka Lamba, and finally a glimpse at Odisha state ahead of the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections.
The dossier covers foreign visits by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to the Maldives and her address at the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, the first by any Indian leader.
Part I India - Domestic developments
• Election prognoses in India
• What next between India and Pakistan?
• Goa: The demise of Manohar Parrikar
• Pramod Sawant: New CM in Goa
• Role of Female Politicians in India
• Ex-VP Hamid Ansari: A critical voice
• Battleground Delhi: Alka Lamba between Congress and AAP
• Ahead of the Assembly elections in Odisha
Part II India - Foreign Policy Developments
• External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj at OIC
Part III South Asia
• Sushma Swaraj in Maldives
Part IV Press Articles on major domestic and foreign policy issues
As always, a number of complementary articles provide the reader with a much wider and deeper understanding of the politics in India, South Asia and across the wider region, through an Indian-centred perspective.
· Why peace between India and Pakistan will remain illusory
Economic Times, March 02, 2019
· How Have We Fallen Into the Grip of Bloodlust?
Prem Shankar Jha
The Wire, March 12, 2019
· Why is China backing terrorist Masood Azhar, founder of Jaish-e-Mohammad?
Financial Express, March 14, 2019
· As we go into the elections, political parties must engage in debate on national security issues
The Indian Express, March 15, 2019
· Modi is All Theatre, and the Congress is Making It Easier for Him to Pull Off His Act
Prem Shankar Jha
The Wire, March 19, 2019
· Three Recent Events Prove the Alarm Bells Are Ringing Louder Than Ever in Kashmir
The Wire, March 25, 2019
· India needs a measure of political consensus on regional policies
C. Raja Mohan
The Indian Express, March 26, 2019
· India's ASAT Capability Has Been Around for Some Time Now
The Wire, March 27, 2019
· Diplomacy off radar as Delhi shifts to poll gear
K. C. Singh
Deccan Chronicle, April 01, 2019
· Modi foreign-security policy record: Some success, some hard realities
C. Uday Bhaskar
South Asia Monitor, April 01, 2019