The contours of the overall elections strategy of the BJP, previews in all the states going to the polls in this semi-final for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, the dissolution of the Assembly in Jammu & Kashmir, a terror attack in Amritsar/Punjab and reflections by India’s leading historian are the major highlights in the domestic part of the Dossier this month. The dossier also focuses on India’s “non official” participation in Russia-led talks with Taliban and Modi’s participation in the tri summits in Singapore. In the Dossier’s South Asia part, Maldives witnesses the peaceful handing over of power to the new incumbent while the inauguration of the Kartarpur Corridor appears to be the thaw in Indo-Pakistan relations.
Part I India - Domestic developments
• The election strategy of the BJP
• How will the people of Rajasthan decide?
• A tight race in Madhya Pradesh?
• Trends and scenarios in Chhattisgarh
• Telangana gears up for assembly elections
• Mizoram: End of the last Congress Bastion?
• J & K: Dissolution of the Assembly
• Terror attack in Amritsar
• Sikh-Pogroms 1984: A late healing?
• Ramachandra Guha on contemporary issues
Part II India - Foreign Policy Developments
• Talks in Moscow with Taliban
• Modi to Singapore summits
Part III South Asia
• Solih heads the Maldivian state
• Kartarpur corridor between India and Pakistan
Part IV: Press Articles on major domestic and foreign policy issues
As always, a number of complementary articles provide the reader with a much wider and deeper understanding of the politics in India, South Asia and across the wider region, through an Indian-centred perspective.
· A Piecemeal Reduction of the RBI’s Autonomy Will Not Solve India’s Liquidity Crisis
The Wire, November 01, 2018
· Raja Mandala: New ripples in Andaman Sea
C. Raja Mohan
The Indian Express, November 13, 2018
· The Shanghai connection
Business Standard, November 14, 2018
· On Her Birth Centenary, We Need to Pay Tribute to the Early Indira Gandhi
Prem Shankar Jha
The Wire, November 19, 2018
· Raja Mandala: Battle for islands
C. Raja Mohan
The Indian Express, November 20, 2018
· Disillusioned Ladakh seeks to search within
The Tribune, November 21, 2018
· A diplomat in tribal country: Shyam Saran remembers Bastar before the fall
Business Standard, November 24, 2018
· Coming a full circle in J&K
The Tribune, November 28, 2018
· Questions From Sentinel
C. Uday Bhaskar
The Indian Express, November 28, 2018
· India Learned Valuable Lessons from 26/11. But So Have Terrorists Across the Border.
The Wire, November 28, 2018