The October dossier devotes the entire Part I to the upcoming assembly elections in five states of India. The results of the four big states will determine the outcome for the rival parties – the BJP and Congress with their allies - for the 2019 General Elections.
The foreign developments include the visit by President Putin to India in the background of CAATSA sanctions by the USA. Indo-Japanese relations give boost to the development in north eastern region of India in terms of infrastructural development and connectivity.
In South Asia, the analysis focuses on the two rounds of Bhutan elections to the lower house of Gyelyong Tshokhang.
Part I India - Domestic developments
• The Domestic Scene: Strengths and weaknesses of BJP and Congress
• Preview: 2018 Assembly elections in big states of India
• Preview: Mizoram Assembly Elections, Nov. 28, 2018
Part II India - Foreign Policy Developments
• 19th Annual India-Russia Summit
• Modi-Abe Meet
Part III South Asia
• Bhutan National Assembly elections
Part IV: Press Articles on major domestic and foreign policy issues
As always, a number of complementary articles provide the reader with a much wider and deeper understanding of the politics in India, South Asia and across the wider region, through an Indian-centred perspective.
· The tip of the damaged iceberg
The Tribune, October 31, 2018
· Turbulence in Sri Lanka: Are leaders playing the proxy India-China game?
C Uday Bhaskar
South Asia Monitor, October 29, 2018
· Reform the CBI, don’t go for a quick-fix
K. C. Singh
Deccan Chronicle, October 26, 2018
· A diplomatic blind spot
C. Raja Mohan
The Indian Express, October 16, 2018
· Start of a new Cold War?
The Tribune, October 13, 2018
· Gas And The Greater Game
Outlook, October 11, 2018
· Farewell to South Asia
C. Raja Mohan
The Indian Express, October 11, 2018
· Jaitley's Handling Of Fuel Exposes Government's Jitters
Mani Shankar Aiyar
NDTV, October 06, 2018
· Opposition to Rafale is against the national interest
Hindustan Times, October 05, 2018
· Lal Bahadur Shastri, Architect of India's Real Surgical Strike and Much, Much More
The Wire, October 02, 2018