Notice of vacancy: FEPS is recruiting 1 Project Officer
August 05, 2021
Notice of vacancy: FEPS is recruiting 1 Project Officer (10-months Fixed-Term Contract)
Deadline for Applications: Thursday September 9th 2021 noon CET
Download the Notice of vacancy in PDF
The Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS – www.feps-europe.eu) is currently looking for one Project Officer.
The recruited Project Officer would start early October 2021 and would contribute to reinforcing FEPS’ project management. The recruited Project Officers will join the FEPS Team based in Brussels and be actively involved in the implementation of FEPS’ activities.
FEPS is the leading think tank of the European centre left political family. It works with almost 50 Member political Foundations and think tanks across Europe. It embodies a new way of thinking on the social democratic, socialist and progressive scene in Europe. It seeks to serve as a platform for innovative research, policy advice, training and debates to tackle the long- and short-term challenges that Europe and European integration faces today. It strives for more and better-quality democracy in Europe
To do so, it forges connections and coherence among stakeholders from local, regional, national, European and global levels, and fosters dialogue of between diverse stakeholders from the world of politics, academia and civil society.
FEPS’ work is in most cases carried out in the form of projects with its Members and partners. The outputs of said projects feed into the work of the broader progressive family – starting with the Party of European Socialists (PES), the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats (S&D), their constituents and Member parties, as well as in the broader public debate.
FEPS’ Project Officers report daily to the appointed lead of assigned projects who can be a Director delegated by the Secretary General or a Policy Analyst.
Mission of the Role:
The mission of the role Project Officer at FEPS is to plan and coordinate the administrative execution of assigned projects’ activities, including scheduling, reporting, document control, as well as the organization of related events.
- Coordinate the overall execution of a portfolio of projects (with a primary responsibility in contractual, administrative, logistical and financial matters)
- Participate in the operational design of assigned projects (i.e. individual projects’ operational planning from kick off to closure)
- Insure of ad equation between assigned projects’ implementation and projects’ proposals / activity plans
- Manage changes in assigned projects’ scope, schedule and costs
- Ensure maintenance of projects’ partnership and communication with projects’ partners
- Manage assigned projects’ relationship with related stakeholders (e.g. sister organisations, FEPS broader network of relevant Members and partners)
- Prepare and implement activities such as conferences, workshops and meetings
- Draft reports on assigned projects’ implementation, conferences, workshops and meetings
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Monitor and evaluate assigned on-going projects
- Perform assigned projects’ risk identification and mitigation
- Ensure effective internal information flows with the communication and financial departments
- Present assigned projects’ activities in various events
- Participate in the practical organisation of large scale FEPS flagship events
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- A university degree (at least Bachelor) in a field relevant to the position – e.g., European Studies, Management, Social Sciences and Humanities (or equivalent proven working experience)
- A proven knowledge of / interest in European Affairs (i.e., institutions and policies) ideally combined with a proven dedication to the progressive cause
- At least 2 years of experience in project development and international project management, ideally in a position related to European Affairs
- Clear analytical skills and ability to make sound judgments,
- Critical thinking, pragmatic approach, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in reporting on project implementation and thematic issues
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a capacity for multitasking
- English language (both written and oral) proficiency. Any additional European language is highly desirable and will be considered an asset
- An appetite for dynamic organizations where both individual responsibility and teamwork are prized
- Computer literacy in MS Office tools. Knowledge of any specific project management software will be considered an asset
- Readiness to occasionally travel and exceptionally adapt to flexible working hours
- The position is to be filled out early October 2021.
- The duration of the contract will be 10 months.
- The salary will be discussed depending on experience and qualifications.
- The workplace will be Brussels (Belgium).
- Applicants must be able to work and reside in Belgium.
- As FEPS is registered in Belgium, the contract will be under Belgian law.
Applications’ composition and deadline
Please send your application (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday the 9th of September 2021 at noon CET.
The title of your application email should follow this naming convention:
Your application is to include:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation (maximum 2 pages)
- A detailed CV (Europass format)
- The name of 2 referees with the related contact details
Applications not respecting the completion and submission instructions will not be considered.
The selection timetable will be the following:
- Deadline for submission of complete applications: Thursday 09.09.2021 noon CET
- Eligibility check and first assessment of written applications
- This will result in a shortlist of no more than 10 candidates who will be invited for the subsequent step
- First round of interviews of candidates & short written test: 14-16.09.2021
- This will result in a shortlist of no more than 3-4 candidates who will be invited for the subsequent step
- Second interview of shortlisted candidates: 20-22.09.2021
- Communication of the final results to candidates: end of September 2021
During the entire selection procedure, FEPS is absolutely committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. We value diversity and lived experience, and acknowledge the underrepresentation of people from certain backgrounds. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential. The equal opportunity principle encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, origins or disabilities.