FEPS – GENERAL INFORMATION
FEPS is the leading think tank of the European centre left political family. It works with almost 50 Member political Foundations and think tanks across Europe. It embodies a new way of thinking on the social democratic, socialist and progressive scene in Europe. It seeks to serve as a platform for innovative research, policy advice, training and debates to tackle the long- and short-term challenges that Europe and European integration faces today. It strives for more and better quality democracy in Europe.
To do so, it forges connections and coherence among stakeholders from local, regional, national, European and global levels, and fosters dialogue of between diverse stakeholders from the world of politics, academia and civil society.
FEPS’ work is in most cases carried out in the form of projects with its Members and partners. The outputs of said projects feed into the work of the broader progressive family – starting with the Party of European Socialists (PES), the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats (S&D), their constituents and Member parties, as well as in the broader public debate.
PURPOSE OF THE PRESENT TENDER
The purpose of this tender is to select an company with experience in office cleaning for the new headquarters of the FEPS.
Any relevant service pertaining to these services such as acquiring the necessary cleaning products, windows cleaning, insurances and any other service required for the completion of the office cleaning are to be included in the budget and dealt with directly by the selected candidate.
FEPS offers the possibility of a formal contract between October 2020 and September 2025 for the cleaning of its new offices, which are located on the 5th floor of Avenue des Arts 46 in Brussels and have an approximate surface of 749 m2.
MAIN NEEDS AND PLANNING
A non exhaustive list of indicative needs and preferences would be the following:
Indicative list of services required
· Daily cleaning, 3 hours per day from Monday to Friday, preferably after office hours
· Until the end of the COVID-19 crisis: weekly disinfection on Friday, preferably after office hours
· Waste disposal (including recycling) in the space allotted by the building management
· Monthly cleaning of the windows
· Putting the dishwasher on a daily basis
· Toilets cleaning on a daily basis
· Manage cleaning inventory (cleaning products, toilet paper, dish washer products, etc.)
· FEPS organises events recurrently. The workload may fluctuate and be subject to additional ad hoc tasks accordingly
PARTICIPATION IN THE TENDERING PROCEDURE
FEPS reserves the right to conduct the tender process and select the successful tender. FEPS is not bound contractually or in any way to a bidder to this request for tender until FEPS and the successful winner have entered into a written contract.
The key dates of this call for tender are the following:
1. 09/09/2020 => Guided tour of FEPS new HQ in order to provide a briefing (max. 1 person per company)
3. 25/09/2020 => Candidate selection
4. 01/10/2020 => Provisional starting date
The offer must contain the total cost VAT included. Any other costs or additional fees that may be charged in exceptional situations should be detailed and include applicable conditions (e.g. premium fee for urgency or material rental conditions).
The following documents must be submitted in the application:
1. A contract draft. FEPS is not bound to sign such contract, the FEPS reserves the right to amend the contract prior to the signature upon negotiation with the candidate.
2. Comprehensive budget overview broken down into different categories that allow to have a comprehensive understanding of the project costs.
Tender qualitative evaluation criteria
Qualitative criteria 1: A cost proposal - Most economically advantageous tender providing flexibility in the desired dates.
Qualitative criteria 2: Quality of the assurance mechanisms proposed by the tenderer to ensure the production of a high quality service.
Applicants must be able to work in French. English is an asset.
If the above request is of interest to your company, we invite you to liaise with johan.robberecht (FEPS Director of Operations) to request further information and submit your application.
Offers not provided in writing via email will not be considered.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Prices must be fixed amounts in Euro.
The amount of VAT must be disclosed on the price offer and invoice. Services and items charged should be broken down as much as possible in the invoices order to have a comprehensive overview of the project costs.
Costs incurred in preparing and submitting tenders are borne by the tenderers and cannot be reimbursed
In delivering the service the tenderer shall ensure the highest quality standards of which FEPS shall be the sole judge.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The Tenderer undertakes that they will not at any time, either before or after the termination of this service, use or disclose or communicate to any person confidential information relating to the affairs of FEPS.
This restriction shall continue to apply after the termination of the service without limit in point of time.
To ensure the independence of terms of their contract, the winning tenderer will sign a declaration certifying that they have no conflict of interests in relation to the tasks to be undertaken and undertake to inform FEPS’ Director of Operations should this status change
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FEPS reserve the right to reject any and all proposals, in whole or in part, to advertise for new proposals, to abandon the need for services, and to cancel or amend this call for tender at any time prior to the execution of the written contract. FEPS reserves the right to waive any formalities in the call for tender process. FEPS may respond to questions or provide information from tenderers, and is under no obligation to provide such responses or information to all other tenderers.
By submitting a proposal, the tenderer agrees that:
- FEPS may copy the proposal for purposes of facilitating the evaluation of the proposal and agrees that such copying will not violate the rights of any third party
- It will not bring any claim or have any cause of action against FEPS based in any misunderstanding concerning the information provided or concerning FEPS’ failure, neglect or otherwise, to provide the bidder with pertinent information as intended by this call for tender
The accomplishment of a tendering procedure imposes no obligation on the FEPS to award the contract. Should the invitation to tender cover several items or lots, FEPS reserves the right to award a contract for only some of them. FEPS shall not be liable for any compensation with respect to tenderers whose tenders have not been accepted. Nor shall it be so liable if it decides not to award the contract.
Foundation of european Progressive Studies (FEPS)
Rue Montoyer 40
EUPF 4 BE0896.230.213