Virtual event, Tuesday, 6 July 2021, 10:00-12:30 CET via Facebook Live
Democracies around the world are under pressure. The economic and socio-political performance of democracy has been challenged by right-wing populist movements and the mismanagement of various global crises. The future of social democracy depends to a large extent on how we can build together resistant, resilient and efficient democracies, capable of facing the challenges of the future with our values?
The Progressive Alliance, together with the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS)and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation (FES) are addressing this question by holding a series of debates at the regional level (Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America) with progressive figures from various backgrounds, before presenting their results in November 2021 during the Global Progressive Forum Conference.
This event is the final seminar in a series of four. Station 4 will be looking at Europe.
- Katarina Barley, Vice-president of the European Parliament, Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament
- László Andor, Secretary General of FEPS, former EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (2010-2014).
- Vassilis Ntousas, Senior International Relations Policy Advisor at FEPS
- Wolfgang Merkel, Visiting Researcher of the Research Unit Democracy and Democratization at the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB)
- Evin Incir, Member of the European Parliament within the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats
- Katharina Hofmann de Moura, Referee Democracy Program International Department at Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Berlin
- Q&A / Remarks from the Audience
- Remarks from the Young Academic Network of the Foundation for European Progressive Studies
Closing and Ways Forward
- Conny Reuter, Global Coordinator, Progressive Alliance
24 May 2022, 14:00 - 15:30 CET
Voting during pandemics: making democracy resilient in turbulent times – experiences from Central - South - Eastern Europe | Online Launch
Although many volumes have already discussed ... learn more
26 - 28 may 2022, Certosa di Pontignano (Siena)
This Vision conference organized with the University of Siena, the participation of the European Liberal Forum, the Foundation for European Progressive Studieslearn more
Amsterdam, 28 May 2022
On 28 May 2022 the Afrikadag will be held LIVE at the KIT in Amsterdam! After two years in which it was not possible to organise the Afrikadag due to Covid-19, a partnership of FEPS and the FMS will once again host the largest even... learn more