Thursday 10th October form 12.45 to 2.40 pm
Following the debates in Prague and Madrid, FEPS together with the partners: Fondatión Pablo Iglesias and Masarykova Demokratickà Akademie are very excited to present to Brussels audience the newest study by Jorge Galindo “To inspire Europe: Insights from the success story of social democracy in Spain”.
Join the lunch debate and together with:
- Beatriz Corredor, MP and President of Pablo Iglesias Foundation;
- Maria João Rodrigues, FEPS President;
- László Andor, FEPS Secretary General;
- Jorge Galindo, Sociologist by the University of Ginebra, Columnist and Political Analyst in El País, Spain
- André Krouwel, Director of Kieskompas and Professor at VU of Amsterdam,
- Laura Baillarín Cereza, Head of the S&D Group President’s Office
- Ania Skrzypek, FEPS Director for Research and Training
And explore the pertaining questions: in which ways has PSOE succeed in consolidating its forces and renewing the party, so that it could become the governing force? How have the modernization agenda resonate across diverse groups of voters? What did the renewal of PSOE mean for re-structuring and re-calibration of the Spanish Partisan System as a whole? Why was VOX not as popular as initially anticipated? What are the prospects now, when the country is faced with the snap general elections?
The discussion will take place over lunch break and hence also a light meal will be provided.
2nd June from 12.00 to 14.15 (CET)
In the aftermath of the Covid crisis, Progressives will need to come together to foster a strong common vision for a more resilient, equal and sustainable European society. The Foundation for European Progressive Studies (... learn more
Welcome to the Call to Europe IX – version 2.0! This year FEPS' flagship initiative will start with two day online conference through Zoom and FB Live. This is just a beginning of an exciting intellectual and political adventure - if YOU stay tuned in, will keep YOU at the heart of the c... learn more