The climate emergency is becoming clearer than ever yet environmental injustice stems from social and economic injustices within our societies. Based on defending social rights, fighting inequalities, caring for our common environment and well-being, progressive values can help provide the answers to this challenge.
Therefore in light of the extraordinary Climate Summit the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS) and its partners have put together a high-level group of experts under the chairing of the Spanish Minister for the Ecological Transition, Teresa Ribera. Ahead of the summit we will be releasing bold guiding proposals as a result of our work and organising a side three days event in New York from 19th to 21st September.
This will be the second side event of FEPS in the framework of the UN General Assembly. It has become an annual initative under the support of UN Secretary General A. Guterres. The title this year will be “UNITED for Climate Justice”.
Speakers confirmed for the event:
- Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland. Chair of The Elders. President of the Mary Robinson Foundation for Climate Justice
- Teresa Ribera, Minister for Ecological Transition, Spain. Chair of FEPS Climate Justice Steering Committee
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Unions Confederation
- Laurence Tubiana, CEO of the European Climate Foundation
- Maria Damanakis, Former EU Commissioner. Global Managing Director of The nature Conservancy, Oceans
- Edel Moraes, National Council of Indigenous Populations, Brazil
And many more to be confirmed.
Dialogue with young climate strike leaders, scientists, economists, to scale up EU ambition and obtain financial guarantees to win the climate battle
Members of the S&D Group at the European Parliament, with the support of the Fou... learn more
30 years after the Velvet Revolution, FEPS, in partnership with the Masarykova Demokratická Akademie, the Czech office of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung and the Academy of Science Institute of State and Law organises an dialogue to reflect about populist and bottom up movements aiming at changin... learn more
The EU has been often found lacking in its practical defence of multilateralism, despite its many efforts. What is often missing in carrying out this important task is a sense of strategic prioritisation and political will so that the Union showcases the strength and convict... learn more