The climate emergency is becoming clearer than ever yet environmental injustice stems from social and economic injustices within our societies. Based on defending social rights, fighting inequalities, caring for our common environment and well-being, progressive values can help provide the answers to this challenge.
Therefore in light of the extraordinary Climate Summit the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS) and its partners have put together a high-level group of experts under the chairing of the Spanish Minister for the Ecological Transition, Teresa Ribera. Ahead of the summit we will be releasing bold guiding proposals as a result of our work and organising a side three days event in New York from 19th to 21st September.
This will be the second side event of FEPS in the framework of the UN General Assembly. It has become an annual initative under the support of UN Secretary General A. Guterres. The title this year will be “UNITED for Climate Justice”.
Speakers confirmed for the event:
- Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland. Chair of The Elders. President of the Mary Robinson Foundation for Climate Justice
- Teresa Ribera, Minister for Ecological Transition, Spain. Chair of FEPS Climate Justice Steering Committee
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Unions Confederation
- Laurence Tubiana, CEO of the European Climate Foundation
- Maria Damanakis, Former EU Commissioner. Global Managing Director of The nature Conservancy, Oceans
- Edel Moraes, National Council of Indigenous Populations, Brazil
And many more to be confirmed.
The Road to 2020: Decoding U.S. Politics and the Impact on Transatlantic Relations
Monday, 18th November 2019. From 1pm to 5pm
With the 2020 U.S. elections just over a year away, the world is intently focused on which political direction the coun... learn more
The Forum on inequalities and diversity – a coalition between civil society organizations and researchers headed by Fabrizio Barca, former Minister for Territorial Cohesion in Italy - recently released a report called 15 proposals for justice. The report especially highlights... learn more
Are automation, artificial intelligence and other digital technologies inevitable leading to inequality and job losses? How do we create quality jobs in the digital economy? Can digital technology helps us achieve a green and sustainable economy? Join us in Barcelona to find out and cont... learn more