The Foundation for European Progressive Studies, together with EDRC - Environment and Development Resource Centre (parent organisation of the Institute for Environmental Security) is organising an upcoming seminar on:
EU and UN Action on climate diplomacy - the Year Ahead
Wednesday 23rd January 2019
10:00 - 12:00
FEPS office, rue Montoyer 40, 1000 Brussels
Climate change and its effects are already proving to be a threat to international security. Extreme consequences are already affecting many people’s livelihoods and biodiversity on the planet.
With key multilateral processes being threatened by various international developments, climate diplomacy needs to be given an even stronger role within foreign and security policy. Therefore this workshop aims to look at how the EU can continue and strengthen its climate diplomacy potential in the current international climate.
Suggested questions to be addressed in this discussion:
- What are the environmental dimensions of EU foreign policy? How can they be reinforced?
- What are the recent and forthcoming policy developments in EU and UN climate diplomacy policy and action?
- What are the opportunities to scale-up more foreign policy action in relation to addressing climate change?
- What are the main expected challenges?
- What role can progressives play in forthcoming developments?
- What new opportunities are emerging for BDCD participating organisations to work together in the year ahead to help advance climate diplomacy policy and practice?
This is an invitation-only seminar however if you would like to attend please contact Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
26 - 28 may 2022, Certosa di Pontignano (Siena)
This Vision conference organized with the University of Siena, the participation of the European Liberal Forum, the Foundation for European Progressive Studieslearn more
Amsterdam, 28 May 2022
On 28 May 2022 the Afrikadag will be held LIVE at the KIT in Amsterdam! After two years in which it was not possible to organise the Afrikadag due to Covid-19, a partnership of FEPS and the FMS will once again host the largest even... learn more
Hybrid Conference, Berlin (Germany), 30-31 May 2022
We are embarking on the frequently invoked “decade of modernisation,” which will be accompanied by massive investment and expenditure needs. In the wake of the Corona pandemic, however, public deb... learn more