The Foundation for European Progressive Studies, together with EDRC - Environment and Development Resource Centre (parent organisation of the Institute for Environmental Security) is organising an upcoming seminar on:
EU and UN Action on climate diplomacy - the Year Ahead
Wednesday 23rd January 2019
10:00 - 12:00
FEPS office, rue Montoyer 40, 1000 Brussels
Climate change and its effects are already proving to be a threat to international security. Extreme consequences are already affecting many people’s livelihoods and biodiversity on the planet.
With key multilateral processes being threatened by various international developments, climate diplomacy needs to be given an even stronger role within foreign and security policy. Therefore this workshop aims to look at how the EU can continue and strengthen its climate diplomacy potential in the current international climate.
Suggested questions to be addressed in this discussion:
- What are the environmental dimensions of EU foreign policy? How can they be reinforced?
- What are the recent and forthcoming policy developments in EU and UN climate diplomacy policy and action?
- What are the opportunities to scale-up more foreign policy action in relation to addressing climate change?
- What are the main expected challenges?
- What role can progressives play in forthcoming developments?
- What new opportunities are emerging for BDCD participating organisations to work together in the year ahead to help advance climate diplomacy policy and practice?
This is an invitation-only seminar however if you would like to attend please contact Charlotte.email@example.com
Dialogue with young climate strike leaders, scientists, economists, to scale up EU ambition and obtain financial guarantees to win the climate battle
Members of the S&D Group at the European Parliament, with the support of the Fou... learn more
30 years after the Velvet Revolution, FEPS, in partnership with the Masarykova Demokratická Akademie, the Czech office of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung and the Academy of Science Institute of State and Law organises an dialogue to reflect about populist and bottom up movements aiming at changin... learn more
The EU has been often found lacking in its practical defence of multilateralism, despite its many efforts. What is often missing in carrying out this important task is a sense of strategic prioritisation and political will so that the Union showcases the strength and convict... learn more