The Foundation for European Progressive Studies, together with EDRC - Environment and Development Resource Centre (parent organisation of the Institute for Environmental Security) is organising an upcoming seminar on:
EU and UN Action on climate diplomacy - the Year Ahead
Wednesday 23rd January 2019
10:00 - 12:00
FEPS office, rue Montoyer 40, 1000 Brussels
Climate change and its effects are already proving to be a threat to international security. Extreme consequences are already affecting many people’s livelihoods and biodiversity on the planet.
With key multilateral processes being threatened by various international developments, climate diplomacy needs to be given an even stronger role within foreign and security policy. Therefore this workshop aims to look at how the EU can continue and strengthen its climate diplomacy potential in the current international climate.
Suggested questions to be addressed in this discussion:
- What are the environmental dimensions of EU foreign policy? How can they be reinforced?
- What are the recent and forthcoming policy developments in EU and UN climate diplomacy policy and action?
- What are the opportunities to scale-up more foreign policy action in relation to addressing climate change?
- What are the main expected challenges?
- What role can progressives play in forthcoming developments?
- What new opportunities are emerging for BDCD participating organisations to work together in the year ahead to help advance climate diplomacy policy and practice?
This is an invitation-only seminar however if you would like to attend please contact Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd June from 12.00 to 14.15 (CET)
In the aftermath of the Covid crisis, Progressives will need to come together to foster a strong common vision for a more resilient, equal and sustainable European society. The Foundation for European Progressive Studies (... learn more
Web Seminar on Zoom Platform - Monday, 8 JUNE 2020 16.00 - 17.45 (CEST)
The event is part of the research project “Out of the security deadlock: challenges and choices in the Sahel”, conducted by the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS) in cooperation with the Istituto Af... learn more
Welcome to the Call to Europe IX – version 2.0! This year FEPS' flagship initiative will start with two day online conference through Zoom and FB Live. This is just a beginning of an exciting intellectual and political adventure - if YOU stay tuned in, will keep YOU at the heart of the c... learn more