Virtual event, Tuesday, 6 July 2021, 10:00-12:30 CET via Facebook Live
Democracies around the world are under pressure. The economic and socio-political performance of democracy has been challenged by right-wing populist movements and the mismanagement of various global crises. The future of social democracy depends to a large extent on how we can build together resistant, resilient and efficient democracies, capable of facing the challenges of the future with our values?
The Progressive Alliance, together with the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS)and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation (FES) are addressing this question by holding a series of debates at the regional level (Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America) with progressive figures from various backgrounds, before presenting their results in November 2021 during the Global Progressive Forum Conference.
This event is the final seminar in a series of four. Station 4 will be looking at Europe.
- Katarina Barley, Vice-president of the European Parliament, Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament
- László Andor, Secretary General of FEPS, former EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (2010-2014).
- Vassilis Ntousas, Senior International Relations Policy Advisor at FEPS
- Wolfgang Merkel, Visiting Researcher of the Research Unit Democracy and Democratization at the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB)
- Evin Incir, Member of the European Parliament within the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats
- Katharina Hofmann de Moura, Referee Democracy Program International Department at Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Berlin
- Q&A / Remarks from the Audience
- Remarks from the Young Academic Network of the Foundation for European Progressive Studies
Closing and Ways Forward
- Conny Reuter, Global Coordinator, Progressive Alliance
Webinar, Tuesday, 9 November 2021, 8:30-11:00am EST/2:30-5:00pm CET
Nine months into the Biden Presidency, the United States has reaffirmed its commitment to its European allies and the expediency of working with its transatlantic partners to achieve desired o... learn more
Event, Wednesday 17 November 2021
After a year of unprecedented change and disruption, 2021 has emerged as an equally crucial moment for our global ‘ecosystem’, continuing to be deeply marked by COVID-19. While the pandemic’s full impact is still being determined and ass... learn more
15-19 November 2021
Europe is setting the course today for the economy of tomorrow. The EU’s digital agenda plays a central role in this. In order to thrive within a competitive international environment, but above all to live up to its values and goals,... learn more