The climate emergency is becoming clearer than ever yet environmental injustice stems from social and economic injustices within our societies. Based on defending social rights, fighting inequalities, caring for our common environment and well-being, progressive values can help provide the answers to this challenge.
Therefore in light of the extraordinary Climate Summit the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS) and its partners have put together a high-level group of experts under the chairing of the Spanish Minister for the Ecological Transition, Teresa Ribera. Ahead of the summit we will be releasing bold guiding proposals as a result of our work and organising a side three days event in New York from 19th to 21st September.
This will be the second side event of FEPS in the framework of the UN General Assembly. It has become an annual initative under the support of UN Secretary General A. Guterres. The title this year will be “UNITED for Climate Justice”.
Speakers confirmed for the event:
- Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland. Chair of The Elders. President of the Mary Robinson Foundation for Climate Justice
- Teresa Ribera, Minister for Ecological Transition, Spain. Chair of FEPS Climate Justice Steering Committee
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Unions Confederation
- Laurence Tubiana, CEO of the European Climate Foundation
- Maria Damanakis, Former EU Commissioner. Global Managing Director of The nature Conservancy, Oceans
- Edel Moraes, National Council of Indigenous Populations, Brazil
And many more to be confirmed.
To mark the European Day of Solidarity between Generations, the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS), the Young European Socialists (YES) and The European Seniors Organisation (ESO) together wi... learn more