The Foundation for European Progressive Studies, together with EDRC - Environment and Development Resource Centre (parent organisation of the Institute for Environmental Security) is organising an upcoming seminar on:
EU and UN Action on climate diplomacy - the Year Ahead
Wednesday 23rd January 2019
10:00 - 12:00
FEPS office, rue Montoyer 40, 1000 Brussels
Climate change and its effects are already proving to be a threat to international security. Extreme consequences are already affecting many people’s livelihoods and biodiversity on the planet.
With key multilateral processes being threatened by various international developments, climate diplomacy needs to be given an even stronger role within foreign and security policy. Therefore this workshop aims to look at how the EU can continue and strengthen its climate diplomacy potential in the current international climate.
Suggested questions to be addressed in this discussion:
- What are the environmental dimensions of EU foreign policy? How can they be reinforced?
- What are the recent and forthcoming policy developments in EU and UN climate diplomacy policy and action?
- What are the opportunities to scale-up more foreign policy action in relation to addressing climate change?
- What are the main expected challenges?
- What role can progressives play in forthcoming developments?
- What new opportunities are emerging for BDCD participating organisations to work together in the year ahead to help advance climate diplomacy policy and practice?
This is an invitation-only seminar however if you would like to attend please contact Charlotte.email@example.com
Presentation of the Lamy’s Group Declaration - “Priotarising People and Planet”
Upon the personal invitation of the former President of Poland Aleksander Kwasniewski and together with the foundation led by him - Amicus Europae, FEPS is honoured to be organising the event: Responsi... learn more
After the positive experience of the Regional political academy for Social Democrats that FEPS and the National Democratic Institute Bosnia-Herzegovina carried out in 2017 and 2018 for the progressive political parties of South East Europe, the two organisations decided that the 2019 training ... learn more
Workshop on a progressive approach to digital technologylearn more