The Foundation for European Progressive Studies, together with EDRC - Environment and Development Resource Centre (parent organisation of the Institute for Environmental Security) is organising an upcoming seminar on:
EU and UN Action on climate diplomacy - the Year Ahead
Wednesday 23rd January 2019
10:00 - 12:00
FEPS office, rue Montoyer 40, 1000 Brussels
Climate change and its effects are already proving to be a threat to international security. Extreme consequences are already affecting many people’s livelihoods and biodiversity on the planet.
With key multilateral processes being threatened by various international developments, climate diplomacy needs to be given an even stronger role within foreign and security policy. Therefore this workshop aims to look at how the EU can continue and strengthen its climate diplomacy potential in the current international climate.
Suggested questions to be addressed in this discussion:
- What are the environmental dimensions of EU foreign policy? How can they be reinforced?
- What are the recent and forthcoming policy developments in EU and UN climate diplomacy policy and action?
- What are the opportunities to scale-up more foreign policy action in relation to addressing climate change?
- What are the main expected challenges?
- What role can progressives play in forthcoming developments?
- What new opportunities are emerging for BDCD participating organisations to work together in the year ahead to help advance climate diplomacy policy and practice?
This is an invitation-only seminar however if you would like to attend please contact Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
The climate emergency is becoming clearer than ever yet environmental injustice stems from social and economic injustices within our societies. Based on defending social rights, fighting inequalities, caring for our common environment and well-being, progressive values can help provide t... learn more
Serving as the second leg of the inaugural FEPS-CAP transatlantic dialogue, a closed-door meeting will take place in Brussels, bringing together the same transatlantic advisory group of experts from both sides of the Atlantic which met in Washington D.C. in December 2018. The focus of th... learn more
The Foundation for European Progressive Studies, the Fondation Jean Jaurès and the Karl-Renner-Institut organise the fifth annual international seminar, and this edition looks at the 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the EU and Israel, as an important milestone in r... learn more