The Foundation for European Progressive Studies, together with EDRC - Environment and Development Resource Centre (parent organisation of the Institute for Environmental Security) is organising an upcoming seminar on:
EU and UN Action on climate diplomacy - the Year Ahead
Wednesday 23rd January 2019
10:00 - 12:00
FEPS office, rue Montoyer 40, 1000 Brussels
Climate change and its effects are already proving to be a threat to international security. Extreme consequences are already affecting many people’s livelihoods and biodiversity on the planet.
With key multilateral processes being threatened by various international developments, climate diplomacy needs to be given an even stronger role within foreign and security policy. Therefore this workshop aims to look at how the EU can continue and strengthen its climate diplomacy potential in the current international climate.
Suggested questions to be addressed in this discussion:
- What are the environmental dimensions of EU foreign policy? How can they be reinforced?
- What are the recent and forthcoming policy developments in EU and UN climate diplomacy policy and action?
- What are the opportunities to scale-up more foreign policy action in relation to addressing climate change?
- What are the main expected challenges?
- What role can progressives play in forthcoming developments?
- What new opportunities are emerging for BDCD participating organisations to work together in the year ahead to help advance climate diplomacy policy and practice?
This is an invitation-only seminar however if you would like to attend please contact Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Foundation for European Progressive Studies in cooperation with the Fondazione Pietro Nenni will launch on October 26 in Rome (10h30, Sede Confederale della UIL, vial Lucullo 6) the second edition of the cycle of training Go Beyond, that this year will focus on democracy, culture, cohesion... learn more
In view of the European elections, with our democracies being confronted with the rise of populism and conservatism, the Jean-Jaurès Foundation and the European Foundation for Progressive Studies (FEPS) are organizing a conference on what is at stake for the Union in 2019. What are the democra... learn more
Call to Europe Madrid will address two key topics that are at the heart on how we, progressives, frame a vision for more just, egalitarian and prosperous societies: Urban Ecosystem (accessible housing for all and energy efficiency) and Feminism as a Dam to the Authoritarianism. They both... learn more