Notice of Vacancy: Economic Policy Advisor
The Foundation for European Progressive Studies is now recruiting for an Economic Policy Advisor.
FEPS is the progressive think tank at European level, with almost 50 member political Foundations and think tanks across Europe. FEPS embodies a new way of thinking on the social democratic, socialist and labour scene in Europe. It seeks to serve as a platform for ideas and aims to tackle the challenges that Europe faces today by putting fresh thinking at the core of its action.
The Foundation carries out regular projects with the members and in addition holds special close working relationships with renowned international partners. FEPS is well recognised in international political circles and has established a strong network of high-level progressive economists.
The focus of the work will be on assisting in the development of a progressive economic approach for the EU and developing alternative economic policies, in particular with regards to growth and employment, and possible reforms of the current EU banking and financial systems.
- Must hold a Ph.D, or being close to completion of a Ph.D or similar research background in applied economics.
- Should possess a theoretical knowledge and experience based on heterodox economic approaches.
- Should possess strong quantitative skills. Knowledge of econometrics software is an asset.
- Should be familiar with the works of current renowned progressive economists.
- Will be working with international and European institutions on a regular basis.
- Will be expected to assist in the development of the important working relationships already established and to monitor European academic and policy affairs.
- Needs to be fluent in English in order to be able to carry out regular written studies, research and oral presentations on a professional level. A good level of another official EU working language is highly desirable. Any other languages are always an additional asset.
The work contract will start in the first quarter of 2015.
The salary will be discussed depending on experience and qualifications. As FEPS is registered in Belgium as an AISBL, the contract will be under Belgian law.
Please send a cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th January 2015 at the latest.
You will be contacted directly if you are selected for an interview and all candidates will be contacted at the end of the selection process to let you know if you have been successful or not.