India and South Asia July/August Dossier
The Dossier offers an overview of the major trends and developments in Indian politics in July and August, an obituary on the occasion of the death of former President Dr. Abdul Kalam, Narendra Modi’s visit to the United Arab Emirates in order to establish better links with the Islamic world and an analytical assessment of power equations in the Indian Ocean.
- Major Developments in Indian Politics
- Death of former President Dr. Abdul Kalam
- Prime Minister Modi’s visit to the United Arab Emirates
- Geopolitics and Interests in the Indian Ocean. Early contours of an India-China rivalry?
Selection of Press Articles on Domestic and Foreign Policy Developments
As always, a number of complementary articles provide the reader with a much wider and deeper understanding of the politics in South Asia and across the wider region, through an Indian-centred perspective.
- Why it's time for India to invest in Iran
Mid-day, July 21, 2015
- The Modi factor in Central Asia
IDSA, Issue Brief, July 24, 2015
- Talks with Taliban: more hype than hope
The Hindu, July 28, 2015
- Not with you, nor without you
C. Raja Mohan
The Indian Express, August 25, 2015
- An inconvenient truth
The Indian Express, August 11, 2015
- Is China’s foray into Indian Ocean reminiscent of 21st century strategic underpinning?
C Uday Bhaskar
The Economic Times, August 08, 2015
- China eyes 18 overseas naval bases
The Sunday Guardian, August 15, 2015
- China’s V-Day and Contest for Power in East Asia: Indian Response
India Writes, August 30, 2015
- Irresolute nation
The Indian Express, August 03, 2015
- Why election verdict is good news for Sri Lanka and India
Hindustan Times, August 18, 2015